Our Commitment To Keeping You Safe And Healthy
Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel.
Before You Arrive
- Front Desk & Lobby
- Protocols minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process such as the use of Best Western's Mobile Concierge platform.
- High touch point areas will be cleaned frequently, and lobby brochures, magazines and papers have been removed.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels.
- Guest Room & Housekeeping
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols have been implemented in guest rooms. Linens, terry products, and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers, are cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Unnecessary items have been removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service is by request.
- Public Amenities
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators or ultraviolet devices.
- Hand sanitizer or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
- Hotel Employees & Staff Requirements
- Hotel employees follow strict guidelines, to include the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment when required by local or state governments, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations are cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees are empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
- Breakfast Offerings
Caring for our guests and providing the highest level of service has always been at the core of Best Western® Hotels & Resorts. Depending on local health and government rules and regulations, our breakfast offerings may be one of several options. Where permissible, many of our full-service hotels will once again be able to deliver a more traditional form of breakfast service.
If there are local restrictions, guests may be offered a Grab & Go breakfast. The Grab & Go breakfast may be available for guests departing before breakfast service begins.
Where social distancing measures remain in place, guests will continue to find breakfast rooms that are modified to allow more space between tables. Additionally, hand sanitization stations remain available, and staff will disinfect tables and chairs between guests.
In the Words of Our Guests
Frequently Asked Questions
- What enhanced cleaning measures are in place?
We’ve committed to brand-new deep cleaning procedures that include daily disinfecting of all rooms, surfaces, and common areas, under the guidance of the CDC and Department of Health.
- Are local restaurants open?
Yes, restaurants are open, but with proper precautions in place. Indoor and patio dining both are permitted, but visitors are asked to follow social distancing protocols.